Why we are the best choice for your pet's surgical needs
Many pet owners are curious about what is involved when their pet is placed under anesthesia. At West Shore Animal Clinic, your pet's safety and comfort are our top priority so you can be sure that your pet will receive only the best and safest anesthetic and surgical care.
Our procedures include the following:
- Pre-Anesthetic Blood Work—ensures your pet is healthy enough to undergo a surgical procedure and that its internal organs can safely process the anesthesia.
- Safe Anesthesia—a very safe anesthetic gas which is also used in human pediatric medicine.
- Experienced Monitoring Support—our trained technicians use state-of-the-art anesthetic monitors to continuously monitor your pet’s pulse rate, oxygen levels and blood pressure.
- IV Catheter Placement—fluids are given during surgery to maintain blood pressure and to help your pet recover quickly from the anesthesia.
- Pain Medication—is administered prior to and after surgery to ensure your pet's comfort.
Veterinary Surgical Services
West Shore Animal Clinic provides surgical services for dogs and cats. We offer a clean and well-equipped facility and experienced team to provide your pet with high quality surgical care in a stress-free and relaxing environment.
Our team of veterinarians and technicians are experienced with a range of surgeries. All of our procedures include a thorough pre-surgical physical examination by a veterinarian, surgical monitoring and lots of care and attention throughout the day.
- Laser Declaw
- Laser and Standard Spay
- Laser and Standard Castration
Soft Tissue Surgery
Laser options available for most surgical procedures and board-certified veterinary surgeon available for all surgical procedures.
- Anal Gland Removal (laser only)
- Aural Hematoma (ear flap reconstruction)
- Bite Wound Repair and Reconstruction
- Bladder Stone Removal
- Bladder Tumor Removal
- Cesarean Section
- Colopexy (treatment for rectal prolapse)
- Cryptorchid Surgery (for retained testicles)
- Cryosurgical Skin Mass Removal
- Cryosurgical Eyelid Surgery
- Ear Canal Resection (laser)
- Enterotomy (intestinal mass and foreign body removal)
- Enucleation (eye removal)
- Eyelid Reconstruction (surgical)
- Eyelid Correction (laser)
- Exploratory Laparotomy
- Gall Bladder Removal
- Gastropexy (stomach tacking to prevent bloat)
- Gastrotomy (stomach mass and foreign body removal)
- Hernia Repair
- Laser Ablation (of superficial masses and lesions)
- Liver Biopsy
- Mastectomy (simple and radical)
- Nasal Reconstruction (laser)
- Nasopharyngeal Polyp Removal
- Nephrectomy (kidney removal)
- Oral Mass Removal and Reconstruction
- Plastic/Reconstructive Surgery
- Sialocele Repair (removal and treatment for blocked salivary glands)
- Skin Mass Removal
- Skin Biopsy
- Soft Palate Resection (laser)
- Splenectomy (removal of the spleen)
- Tendon Repair
- Third Eyelid Gland Replacement (Cherry Eye Repair)
- Urethrostomy (treatment for blocked cats and dogs)
We also perform cryosurgery on pets to remove skin masses. Learn more about veterinary cryosurgery here.
Orthopedic Surgeries & Procedures
Board-certified veterinary surgeon available for all orthopedic surgical procedures.
- Fracture Repair
- Cranial Cruciate Ligament (ACL) Repair
- Femoral Head/Neck Removal
- Juvenile Pubic Symphysis (hip dysplasia correction)
- Patellar Luxation Repair