Prolong Your Dog's Life
West Shore Animal Clinic provides a full range of preventive care services to help your dog live a longer, happier life and to increase the odds of detecting problems early, before they become severe and costly.
Our veterinarians make their annual preventive care recommendations based on the guidelines established by the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) and American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA). We then customize our recommendations based on your dog's hereditary factors, age, medical history and lifestyle.
Annual preventive care for dogs typically includes:
- At least one annual Physical Examination at which time our veterinarians will take a complete medical history, make nutrition recommendations, assess behavior, and review any known medical conditions.
During the exam our doctors will perform a:
- Ear and Eye Examination
- Cardiopulmonary (Heart and Lung) analysis
- Temperature Reading
- Abdominal Palpation
- Dental Exam
- Dermatological Exam
- Musculoskeletal Evaluation
- Vaccines based on your dog's lifestyle and/or breed. Core Vaccines include Rabies, Distemper, Lyme and Leptosirosis. Our veterinarians may also recommended additional vaccines such as Bordetella (Kennel Cough) and Canine Influenza.
- Parasite Control Products The consistent use of preventative can control parasites such as heartworms, fleas, ticks, intestinal parasites (i.e., hook worms and round worms) and is an important step in keeping your pet and your family healthy.
- Diagnostic Testing confirms the absence of heartworm, intestinal parasites and other common infectious diseases that could cause harm if not discovered early.
- Your veterinarian will also discuss other services, such as dental care or microchipping that will benefit your dog's overall health and wellbeing and advise you on any questions you might have regarding your dog's health.